Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our trip to Gainesville

Nealy took her first road trip over Memorial Day weekend to see my sister and her family in Gainesville. It was a large family gathering. My Uncle Tom and Aunt Mary Lou came over for the day from Jacksonville, my parents were there, and my brother came over for the evening on Saturday. It was a really great visit.

I didn't take many pictures because we were very busy keeping up with the kids, but here are a few highlights.

Laura gave us a clarinet concert.....

Jacks took a bath with Jean Louise.....
Jacks practiced his Blue Steel.....
Carrie stole that baby.....Then Queenie stole that baby.....

Jacks played with his Chet.....

Jacks bossed everyone around.....

The biggest event of the trip was meeting the new addition to the Westmark family, Rocky. He is a Toy Australian Shepherd, and he is gorgeous. Jacks is still afraid of dogs, so he didn't make very good friends with Rocky. But isn't he pretty?
And we all made it home in one piece! I rode in the back of the big truck with the babies. Nealy slept most of the way while Jacks and I hid under the blanket to avoid seeing the scary interstate traffic in the pouring down rain. The ride home got a little rough when Nealy decided she was completely done with riding in the car, and she screamed for about 2 solid hours. So, needless to say I was a little tired long before we got home. Joe did a good job of getting us up and down the road safely.
Summer has officially begun, folks! We're going to have a great one, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

JBFerguson said...

I love that last picture. Just a true testament to motherhood!

Brother said...

Great pictures. I love the one of Mom with Nealy. I'll have my pictures sorted out and sent up to you soon.