Eleven years ago, Joe and I were married the day before Oscar night. On the day of the big show, we began our drive to Key West to spend the week on our honeymoon. Our goal was to make it as far as Hollywood, FL to stay at my sister's house for the night. It seemed fitting to watch the show in Hollywood. Unfortunately, we couldn't get that far south in time for the telecast, so we spent the night at a Holiday Inn in Fort Pearce eating our wedding reception leftovers and drinking champagne. Steve Martin was hosting. Still my personal favorite host.
Tonight, as I live tweet the show (I have found my calling on Twitter - writing about awards shows. Other than that, my tweeting is crap.), I recall that lovely night that Joe and I watched our favorite awards show on our second night as a married couple. We both remember it fondly.
Even though Jacks was furious with me for changing the channel to the red carpet today, and he expressed confusion about the importance of the show, I think we might be raising a couple of Oscar lovers.....

1 comment:
Love the pics!Believe you have a family tradition in the making! And I love tweeting during award shows, makes me feel like Ross Matthews :)
Post a Comment