Well, I didn't think it was so sad, but I think a lot of Auburn football fans were dragging themselves home last night after our loss to LSU. Yes, I am always sad that everyone else is sad that we lost. But, I always figure that we all wake up the next morning with our health, and that is never the end of the world! Plus, there will be another game next week to possibly pull everyone out of their funk.
We tailgated with our usual group yesterday. Jacks had a wonderful time, of course. Matt's dad, the fabulous Big Steve, prepared a low country boil for the big day - YUM! Joe, Jacks, and I also ventured over to another tailgate with many of Joe's Sigma Nu fraternity brothers and their families. Their pledge class celebrated a 20 year reunion this weekend with a Friday night dinner at the Sigma Nu house and a family tail gate on Saturday. Jacks enjoyed BBQ and cole slaw during our visit there.
Other than that, it has been a pretty quiet weekend, which has been a welcome relief after the storm that this past week has been. I have spent every evening absolutely exhausted and wondering how on earth I'm going to make it through another day. I'm trying to stop answering people honestly when they ask how I'm feeling, because it has recently occurred to me that people don't really want to know. Most people are only interested in pregnant people who feel really great while pregnant - those of us who suffer become a drain to those around us. Do I sound bitter? Well, maybe I am. When someone asks me how I am, and I answer pretty bad, then they ask me why I feel so bad - I wonder why we're having this freakin' conversation in the first place! Anyway, I have also noticed that my blog posts have been relatively short and boring lately, and it is possibly so you won't all hear me bitch and moan about being sick and pregnant all the time. I would so hate to be a party pooper to all of you, dear readers. Maybe one day I'll feel better, and I can be likable again. Until then, if you don't really want to know, don't ask.
Posted below are some pictures from yesterday, we had a great time regardless of the score of the game. War Eagle, y'all!! Gotta be proud of our team no matter what!
We tailgated with our usual group yesterday. Jacks had a wonderful time, of course. Matt's dad, the fabulous Big Steve, prepared a low country boil for the big day - YUM! Joe, Jacks, and I also ventured over to another tailgate with many of Joe's Sigma Nu fraternity brothers and their families. Their pledge class celebrated a 20 year reunion this weekend with a Friday night dinner at the Sigma Nu house and a family tail gate on Saturday. Jacks enjoyed BBQ and cole slaw during our visit there.
Other than that, it has been a pretty quiet weekend, which has been a welcome relief after the storm that this past week has been. I have spent every evening absolutely exhausted and wondering how on earth I'm going to make it through another day. I'm trying to stop answering people honestly when they ask how I'm feeling, because it has recently occurred to me that people don't really want to know. Most people are only interested in pregnant people who feel really great while pregnant - those of us who suffer become a drain to those around us. Do I sound bitter? Well, maybe I am. When someone asks me how I am, and I answer pretty bad, then they ask me why I feel so bad - I wonder why we're having this freakin' conversation in the first place! Anyway, I have also noticed that my blog posts have been relatively short and boring lately, and it is possibly so you won't all hear me bitch and moan about being sick and pregnant all the time. I would so hate to be a party pooper to all of you, dear readers. Maybe one day I'll feel better, and I can be likable again. Until then, if you don't really want to know, don't ask.
Posted below are some pictures from yesterday, we had a great time regardless of the score of the game. War Eagle, y'all!! Gotta be proud of our team no matter what!
So serious.....
playing on the porch....
Big Steve!!!
Me and Carm - I really didn't think I was all that hot, but this picture reveals otherwise...
1 comment:
I love the picture "so serious". You will feel like your old self again someday...it's just hard to imagine at this point. However, in the mean time, I will offer up Jenny's serves for a listening ear about all of our pregnancy woes...then you will have to do the same for her. In fact, that is the best medicine when pregnant...bitching to other pregnant people who are equally miserable.
Post a Comment