Little sweetie started school this week. I would have taken pictures of her at school, but the second we walked in the door to the day care her lip poked out and she proceeded to scream bloody murder for about two hours. Or so I'm told..... I had to leave and go to work, and I pay the day care a big ole pile of money to deal with my screaming baby. So, hate it for them! (just kidding day care lovelies - kind of....). I didn't have the heart to snap a bunch of pictures of her in her new classroom while she was throwing a high holy fit of a lifetime. Luckily, my sweetest cousin Lee, who runs the day care, went and got a hold of that baby and made her smile. (thanks Lee!!)
Joe did manage to get a picture of her in her first day of school outfit (as pictured above). She kept her shoes on all day! Can you get over it? Isn't she the cutest? Don't you want to compliment me for dressing her so super cute-you can hardly stand it-I'm mother of the year for having such a savvy sense of infant style?
Thursday, things went about the same. Happy baby at home, pleased as punch in the car, walked in day care started screaming like someone was robbing her. Joe picked her up that day, and he said that the screaming and crying stopped immediately upon exiting the day care building. Hmmmm.......
Friday, we had very high hopes. Nealy woke up happy, happy, happy. She was all rainbows and unicorns and puffy clouds and kittens. Look at how adorable.....
And yes, I have turned into my mother - I use the word britches about twenty times a day.
Wait....what was my point......is this why we get momnesia? Because our babies are so cute we can't function on a normal level?
Oh, right, she didn't have a perfect day at school on Friday. But it was a little better. I guess we'll start all over again on Monday. I mean, I've got to work! If I didn't work I couldn't pay for day care. Hey, wait a minute.........
Did you get that? See what I did there?
Honestly, all joking aside, I'm not stay at home mom material. I need someone else to help me out or else I might lose my mind, plus I like my job. Make that love my job! I just had a rough year due to the pregnancy and the puking and the hugeness and the waddling and the emotional rollercoaster, so it's hard to remember how much I love it right now. I'm sure I'll remember again come Monday. So, until Nealy gets used to school, we'll have to deal with the morning screaming ritual.
1 comment:
Katie,
Love the dress! I love mommies who dress their babies extra cute for their first day! I am sure things will get better at daycare, the first few days are always rough, though I'm sure you know that already.
keep up the fasion!
Laura R.
Post a Comment