This is a picture of yesterday:

And here is what we woke up to this morning....

Did you notice, in the picture from yesterday, the children were frolicking in the dirt pile wearing shorts and tee shirts? Yesterday, we enjoyed the Gnu's Room fundraiser for a little while, and we ran into the Stewart kids who were out for a bike ride on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We were all very skeptical about the possibility for snow that has been predicted all week long. I guess we were WAY wrong. Because when we woke up this morning, everything was covered in a thick blanket of thick snow, and the flakes continued to fall throughout the entire day. Crazy!!
Scroll down for more pictures of this insane day....
Snow angels - yes, I got my pregnant self all the way down to the ground. I felt like, as I was doing it, that I resembled a beached whale.

Joe started to worry for his precious SLR camera when I started trying to pelt him with snowballs.
Jacks also thought it would be fun to throw some snowballs at Daddy....
Jacks could not stop making tracks in the snow - while yelling at the top of his lungs.

Can you get over this? We all went down for a mid day nap, and when I got up at 2:00, I expected the majority of the snow to have melted. WRONG again! Everything was still completely covered, and there was a fresh batch of fat snow flakes falling from the sky. At first I thought it was melting snow falling out of the trees. No, indeed it was FRESH SNOW. We have been out for about three or four rounds of snow day fun. I can't even tell you how many pairs of socks, pants, and shirts Jacks has been through already. We are totally not prepared for snow with this toddler. His mittens are not water resistant (knitted), he has practically no water proof pants, and the only jacket we could find that wouldn't soak up the moisture like a sponge barely zipped up. But, it didn't stop Jacks from running top speed through the snow yelling, "Woo-hoo, Yee-haw!!!!!" Fun has been had by all.
Jacks sends you big kisses on this wonderful day.....
Here is the last picture I took of the house at about 4:00 this afternoon. I can't remember the last time snow stuck around this long. But, the sun was coming out at this point, and the snow was melting rapidly. This doesn't look so good for school cancellations tomorrow, but a girl can still hope!!!!
Happy snow day to all!! I hope you had as much fun as we did. Love - K
And here is what we woke up to this morning....
Did you notice, in the picture from yesterday, the children were frolicking in the dirt pile wearing shorts and tee shirts? Yesterday, we enjoyed the Gnu's Room fundraiser for a little while, and we ran into the Stewart kids who were out for a bike ride on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We were all very skeptical about the possibility for snow that has been predicted all week long. I guess we were WAY wrong. Because when we woke up this morning, everything was covered in a thick blanket of thick snow, and the flakes continued to fall throughout the entire day. Crazy!!
Scroll down for more pictures of this insane day....
Snow angels - yes, I got my pregnant self all the way down to the ground. I felt like, as I was doing it, that I resembled a beached whale.
Joe started to worry for his precious SLR camera when I started trying to pelt him with snowballs.
Jacks also thought it would be fun to throw some snowballs at Daddy....
Jacks could not stop making tracks in the snow - while yelling at the top of his lungs.
Can you get over this? We all went down for a mid day nap, and when I got up at 2:00, I expected the majority of the snow to have melted. WRONG again! Everything was still completely covered, and there was a fresh batch of fat snow flakes falling from the sky. At first I thought it was melting snow falling out of the trees. No, indeed it was FRESH SNOW. We have been out for about three or four rounds of snow day fun. I can't even tell you how many pairs of socks, pants, and shirts Jacks has been through already. We are totally not prepared for snow with this toddler. His mittens are not water resistant (knitted), he has practically no water proof pants, and the only jacket we could find that wouldn't soak up the moisture like a sponge barely zipped up. But, it didn't stop Jacks from running top speed through the snow yelling, "Woo-hoo, Yee-haw!!!!!" Fun has been had by all.
Jacks sends you big kisses on this wonderful day.....
Here is the last picture I took of the house at about 4:00 this afternoon. I can't remember the last time snow stuck around this long. But, the sun was coming out at this point, and the snow was melting rapidly. This doesn't look so good for school cancellations tomorrow, but a girl can still hope!!!!
Happy snow day to all!! I hope you had as much fun as we did. Love - K
2 comments:
Some day he will tell nealy about snow and she will think he is making it up. Thanks for the pics!
Isn't it great how snow is fun no matter what. I mean you would of though Bill and I had 10 kids with the way we were out there playing in the stuff.
Post a Comment