Ok, Opelika. I've got to hand it to you. The new Sports Plex is freaking amazing. I am seriously torn on getting a membership there even though it is a good 30 minute drive from my house.
I know, for those of you who live in real cities know that a 30 minute drive somewhere isn't all that far, but around here we pretty much enjoy being 5-10 minutes away from everywhere. Joe and I are even worse about taking our short commutes for granted because we live so close to downtown Auburn. Everywhere is about 5 minutes away. When we have to drive to the outskirts of town, or God forbid, ALL the way to Opelika, we start whining and considering packing a sack lunch for the long journey.
But all of a sudden, this mecca in the middle of nowhere is calling to me. Join the gym with the low rates and the super awesome facilities. Come on, you know you want to. I totally want to. I mean, check out this splash park....

Are you kidding me? This place is perfect! And just inside there's a HUGE pool with one of those beach entry shallow ends. I mean, the kids can lay in the shallow end and still be safe. I love it.
So, we enjoyed a wonderful summer morning with the Williams kids at the splash park last week, and we are all totally hooked.
I want to go to there.
Enjoy some pics of the fun in the sun.







I know, for those of you who live in real cities know that a 30 minute drive somewhere isn't all that far, but around here we pretty much enjoy being 5-10 minutes away from everywhere. Joe and I are even worse about taking our short commutes for granted because we live so close to downtown Auburn. Everywhere is about 5 minutes away. When we have to drive to the outskirts of town, or God forbid, ALL the way to Opelika, we start whining and considering packing a sack lunch for the long journey.
But all of a sudden, this mecca in the middle of nowhere is calling to me. Join the gym with the low rates and the super awesome facilities. Come on, you know you want to. I totally want to. I mean, check out this splash park....
Are you kidding me? This place is perfect! And just inside there's a HUGE pool with one of those beach entry shallow ends. I mean, the kids can lay in the shallow end and still be safe. I love it.
So, we enjoyed a wonderful summer morning with the Williams kids at the splash park last week, and we are all totally hooked.
I want to go to there.
Enjoy some pics of the fun in the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment