My cousin Robin runs this super awesome blog called The Business Women's Finishing School & Social Club. After much poking and prodding, I managed to produce a piece for BWFS&SC at her request.
I am a terrible guest blogger, by the way. I had to be reminded constantly, and my first attempt was a little too much about poop. Well, okay, it was totally about poop. But she wanted me to write about being a mother, a working mother, or something like that, and in my life, poop is a huge presence in my motherly duties. I'll be honest, I'm not all that great at reading and following assignments. Ironic, isn't it?
Anyway, hop on over to have a looksee at my first guest blog appearance. Robin promised to stop bothering me for a new post for a while, but I want to write more for her. I really do! But I'm terribly busy updating my TIVO and melting crayons. You know, important shit like that.
http://businessfinishingschool.blogspot.com/2010/02/working-mothers-rant.html
I am a terrible guest blogger, by the way. I had to be reminded constantly, and my first attempt was a little too much about poop. Well, okay, it was totally about poop. But she wanted me to write about being a mother, a working mother, or something like that, and in my life, poop is a huge presence in my motherly duties. I'll be honest, I'm not all that great at reading and following assignments. Ironic, isn't it?
Anyway, hop on over to have a looksee at my first guest blog appearance. Robin promised to stop bothering me for a new post for a while, but I want to write more for her. I really do! But I'm terribly busy updating my TIVO and melting crayons. You know, important shit like that.
http://businessfinishingschool.blogspot.com/2010/02/working-mothers-rant.html
2 comments:
Your blog at the Finishing School was terrific! if it's any comfort, many of us define ourselves more by what we do in life than by our homes and families - bad for families. Two summers ago I got laid off and the hardest thing was not the lack of money, it was the lack of definition. I thought I would work in my garden, clean house, do all those projects that I had been stacking up for 10 years, but I didn't. I did look for work - duh! - but until I had a offer and a start date and was feeling like myself again, I was paralyzed. So, teach your children to be self sufficient and to take a part in the life of your family (aka chores!) and rejoice that you are a multi-dimensional woman. None of us can do it all, but we can do what we can as best we can. Remember that those small-assed, well dressed stay-at-home moms can't teach children.... and you can!
Two things; I should publicly thank you on your own space -- THANKS. And then nag you about updating it. (what a pain in the...neck she is)
Post a Comment