Sunday, February 14, 2010

Class Valentines


Thank you all for bearing with me through the heart shaped crayons tutorial. Now, to see what the kids will actually be giving their friends for Valentine's Day (their parties are not until tomorrow on account of the snow day on Friday)

Jacks is giving each friend 8 crayons with a coloring card of a Chinese dragon (Happy Chinese New Year!). Joe printed off the dragons on card stock, then I folded each dragon in thirds accordion style, and there is a Happy Valentine's Day sticker on the outside of each dragon.

Nealy is giving each of her friends a card with her picture on it, a pair of Valentine socks, and a rattle. I ended up making rattles out of the plastic heart shaped boxes that I picked up at the dollar tree by filling each box with about a teaspoon of dried rice and hot gluing the boxes shut with a ribbon loop sticking out. They're okay - not the best, but pretty cute.


As for Nealy Bug, she's really loving her new doll she got for Valentine's Day! She keeps it tucked under her arm as she goes about her regular business.
I hope each of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I would love to be totally subversive and act like I hate Valentine's Day, but I really love it. I love heartfelt gifts, I love heart shaped things, and I love special dinners. We've had a wonderful family Valentine's Day over here.

2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Oh no you didn't! Super Mom! I wish that Kate was in Jacks' class!

We went homemade sytle with our cards too, but they weren't photo worthy. They consisted of foam paper and pant.

JBFerguson said...

Well I can say from first hand experience that Ryan LOVES her rattle. When I got home she was chewing on it and has not put it down since. I love everything, it is too cute. We are giving everyone in her class an oatmeal cream pie! I mean what do they want from us, honestly!