Friday, October 16, 2009

Nealy is 6 Months Old!!!


Well, she was 6 months old....about 2 weeks ago.

I can honestly say that the second baby gets the short end of the stick in nearly everything. I have not taken nearly as many pictures of Nealy as I did of Jacks, but that is really a relative statement. I think we took about 5000 pictures of Jacks in his first year, and we've probably only taken about 1000 of Nealy so far. So, there might not be as many pictures, but there are certainly enough, wouldn't you say?

Also, I don't think we ever waited a full two weeks past one of Jacks's monthly birthdays. I remember getting extremely agitated if we went more than 3 days late. This time it took me over a week to get truly pissy. Then it still took me a few more days to get downright ugly about it. I think I started threatening plague and pestilence on Joe on or about last Friday. (he makes the onesies.....)

So, here she is!


Let's see....what is she doing right now? She is sitting up like a big girl, she's scooting around - so close to crawling, she growls like a wild animal, she laughs like a crazy lady, she's starting to eat some cereal and fruit, she makes a perfect dirty martini, she's training to be a croupier, and she knitted those pants she's wearing!

Well, most of that is true.

But seriously, her teachers swear she said, "no," the other day. They say that she is freakishly smart, and they constantly marvel in wide wonder at her amazing cognitive abilities. I'm not so sure about the talking part, but I'm not even a little surprised at her preternatural genius. I mean, what can I say? (well, what they actually said was that she was smart and they think she said no - I inferred the rest of that stuff from that)

We make good'uns.

She and Bruno are not the best of friends.....


Ok, so.....

I know I've been slacking in my blogging lately, but I'm starting to feel the crunch of raising two babies, working full time, maintaining a household (barely), and losing baby weight (unsuccessfully so far....). I dream of a clean house with clean clothes that are all put away in the right place and clean sheets on all the beds, and counter tops and tables that don't have a sheen of stickiness, and floors that your feet don't stick to and also don't leave things stuck on your foot as you walk effortlessly through an uncluttered house, and a yard that is not in constant need of attention for fear that it slips into an abyss of yard-horribleness.

In the meantime I think I'll watch episodes of Glee on tivo in dirty yoga pants while drinking beers.


Oh yeah - Jacks figured out how to balance a quarter on his nose! So that's something....(Woody and Buzz Lightyear appear to be in a most compromising position, by the way.)

Love to all!!! --K

1 comment:

Brother said...

Bruno might not survive Nealy, from the looks of it. Great shots, but how can you help it with her? Or Jacks?