It has been a banner year - in that we have been able to get the entire family together for the holidays for the second time this year. And this time, my niece Emily was able to be with us, too! I'll be posting a slide show much later - we got LOTS of great pictures of all the kids at the bay - but for now, here is our entire family, no exceptions!

That's my brother Bob with his daughter Emily on the left end, then me with Joe, Chet and Queenie are in the middle with their dog Abby in front and Jacks holding Queenie's hand, and sister Carrie is at the right end with her husband John and their two daughters Jean Lousie and Laura. Of course, Nealy is here, too, she's just not out yet. That there is everyone, folks!!
We had a nice, long, leisurely trip. I got to see some old friends, Jacks got to play with his cousins, and we all got to enjoy lots of my mother's cooking (YUM)! Joe and I even got to go on a triple date one night to the Fish House, with two of my high school girl friends and their husbands. Dinner was delicious, and we all stayed up way too late talking. This is the second year Leah, Holly and I have made it a point to get together at the holidays, so it looks like it's becoming a tradition. However, from the amount of talking and catching up we had to do, we really should do it more often. The bar was ready to kick us out by the time we left, and we could have stayed much longer I'm sure!
Jacks proved to us that day care is the best choice for him for his daily routine, because as of Tuesday, he had been out of school for a solid week. And it became apparent that the routine of school is a necessity for young Jacks. Our plan was always to head home on Tuesday, but even if we had planned to stay longer, Jacks would have made sure we headed north that day. He woke up acting like a fool, exhibiting signs of major cabin fever. When he noticed we were loading up the car, his behavior made a lot of sense when he grabbed my hand, headed for the door, and declared, "Let's go, mommy, home, NOW!" Jacks has clearly had his fill of crazy holiday schedules and traveling. Since day care is open today for the last day this week (they are taking New Years Day and the day after off), you know where he is right now. I hope he had an enjoyable day back, because it's going to have to last him until Monday.
While he had lots of fun at Chet and Queenie's house.......


but there's no place like home. :) And we are all very happy to be back home today.
Happy New Year to everyone. 2009 is going to be a big one, since our little girl will be making her appearance with us come spring. Love to all - K
3 comments:
I love the bay pictures. Joe does a great job.
We had a blast with you guys. And I agree that we need to try to do it more than just once a year.
By the way, I NEED to know how you tied your scarf that night. I was so cool and I can not figure it out for the life of me.
Oh those pictures are great!!! Jacks is adorable and so much like my kids with the routine thing!! Happy New Year Momma, love to you all. Tell Joe I said "Hola"! What is it with the exclamation points, I promise I am not yelling at ya over here, ha:)
Enjoyed the update! Hope all is well. Those beach pictures of Jacks are too cute!
Post a Comment