Saturday, June 7, 2008

Turtle





Jacks and I stepped outside the other day to discover a turtle making his way across our front walk. Jacks was immediately intrigued, until the turtle began to move. As soon as that happened, Jacks began to back up while nervously shrieking. At that time, the turtle clued into the fact that we were there, and he nervously scooted inside his shell.

Finally, Joe came out and moved the offending turtle to a safer area - away from Jacks, amongst the bushes, close to the hose. When Joe picked up Mr. Turtle, he hissed at all of us before disappearing back into his shell. I guess he didn't want to be our friend. If he had been a little nicer, he would have a name by now. Until he shows up again, he will remain the nameless hisser.

Joe and I have seen a turtle on several different occasions just outside our front door over the years, but we're not sure if this is the same fella. Although turtle was not happy with us, we put a head of lettuce underneath the gardenia bush for his munching enjoyment. I'll let you know if that keeps him around.

Yeah, you can tell we're real busy around here this summer!

2 comments:

The Muncies said...

Who is Jacks calling on the phone with a turtle alert???

JBFerguson said...

I love the turtle story, sounds like something the Fergusons would do too to occupy time during the summer, well maybe just one Ferguson. See you tomorrow