Well, I haven't posted in a while. I've been basically numb to everything lately as I am in survival mode until the end of the school year; my life is on auto-pilot. So many things around the house are neglected come May each year because we are waiting with bated breath for that oh-so-valuable free time that non-educators are so green with envy about. People actually think that teaching is a cush gig because of vacations. What they don't realize is that when you work with children for 8 hours each day, you need vacations!
With all of the end of the year festivities upon us, and every classroom board labeled with a countdown of how many days of school are left, this morning I had a child ask me, "Mrs. Dyer, how many days are left in school?" I could not help but be sarcastic back to him. "Today is Thursday, and the last day of school is next Friday. Why don't you tell me how many days we have left?" As you can tell, my patience has completely run out.
Come less than two weeks, I will begin posts about exciting things happening in the Dyer household. Things like purging the house of clutter, making more tissue boxes and other plastic canvas crafts, catching up on overdue sewing projects, signing up for swim lessons, teaching summer school, building a modular deck in the back yard and setting up a play set for Jacks. Wait, did I say exciting things? Sorry, I meant to say that I'll get back to posting the everyday minutia of our lives once school is out. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, folks. We're gonna make it.
Oh yeah - and Joe and I are going to Jamaica in 70 days. So, there's another countdown that's on like donkey kong.
Jamaica, mon!
With all of the end of the year festivities upon us, and every classroom board labeled with a countdown of how many days of school are left, this morning I had a child ask me, "Mrs. Dyer, how many days are left in school?" I could not help but be sarcastic back to him. "Today is Thursday, and the last day of school is next Friday. Why don't you tell me how many days we have left?" As you can tell, my patience has completely run out.
Come less than two weeks, I will begin posts about exciting things happening in the Dyer household. Things like purging the house of clutter, making more tissue boxes and other plastic canvas crafts, catching up on overdue sewing projects, signing up for swim lessons, teaching summer school, building a modular deck in the back yard and setting up a play set for Jacks. Wait, did I say exciting things? Sorry, I meant to say that I'll get back to posting the everyday minutia of our lives once school is out. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, folks. We're gonna make it.
Oh yeah - and Joe and I are going to Jamaica in 70 days. So, there's another countdown that's on like donkey kong.
Jamaica, mon!
No comments:
Post a Comment