Yesterday I was thinking about how proud I was of myself for making it through an entire month of school without missing a day for any reason. Certain incentives have been set in place at our school for going a month with perfect attendance, and I was so sure I was going into the pot for a parking space drawing or receiving a free jeans day.....I shouldn't have been so pleased with myself so soon.
It's the beginning of the year, and with it comes day care germs. Little Nealy has been stricken with illness. I've yet to get her into the doctor - that will come today - but she ran a slight fever yesterday, and she graced a day care teacher with the gift of a necessity of having a change of clothes on hand. I feel terrible for everyone involved.
When I picked her up from school, she proudly announced that she got a pigtail (one of the girls in the office pulled her hair up to keep it out of her face) and that she got sick (not such a proud announcement).
For today, on the 30th of the month that was sure to be my perfect attendance month, there is a substitute teacher in my classroom, I am watching the Today show in my robe, and my little one is sleeping late.
It's the beginning of the year, and with it comes day care germs. Little Nealy has been stricken with illness. I've yet to get her into the doctor - that will come today - but she ran a slight fever yesterday, and she graced a day care teacher with the gift of a necessity of having a change of clothes on hand. I feel terrible for everyone involved.
When I picked her up from school, she proudly announced that she got a pigtail (one of the girls in the office pulled her hair up to keep it out of her face) and that she got sick (not such a proud announcement).
For today, on the 30th of the month that was sure to be my perfect attendance month, there is a substitute teacher in my classroom, I am watching the Today show in my robe, and my little one is sleeping late.
No comments:
Post a Comment