There has been a book fair going on at Jacks's school this week, and today was character dress up day. It has been kind of a crazy couple of days, so I didn't take a lot of time to decide what Jacks would dress up as. At the last minute this morning, we dug his very first Halloween costume out of the basement - a monkey. He took his copy of Curious George to school with him so everyone would know just what monkey he was supposed to be. He wore his costume proudly over his sweat pants and tee shirt (after all, he had to be comfortable for tumbling class today!). The costume doesn't fit him as well these days as it did for his first Halloween, but it did just fine. I posed for a few shots with my little monkey, too. One thing is for sure - at 33 weeks pregnant at 7:00 in the morning, I am a puffy little mama! Oh well, I make pretty babies. That's what really counts, right? Maybe one day you'll be able to see my eyes again. Check in next week - it is Dr. Seuss week all week long, so Jacks will be dressing up each day for school.
A good thing that happened at my school today was that one of my fabulous children's mothers came up to school to donate a beautiful picture book to our library. I posed for a picture for the paper with the mother, the daughter, and the book. After seeing this picture with Jacks, I'm really kind of worried about that other one actually being published anywhere. Ugh - sometimes pregnancies are best NOT photographed for posterity!
2 comments:
That's good to know that toddlers can still fit into their infant costumes. So cute!
Was a "No Capt. Underpants" rule imposed?
Post a Comment