
Last year I had the great privilege of working with three wonderful ladies on our own little language arts team. All four of us worked with all of the other teams in the 6th grade, and we all taught language arts. It was idyllic for us - we planned together, we taught the same things, we were totally in sync with our work. The other teams didn't like it so much, but we loved it - mostly because we all love each other so much. Well, Brooke has left us for Birmingham to be closer to family and home, but Jenny and Shealy and I are still at Drake just plugging along even though we have been separated on to different teams. And miraculously, all four of us became pregnant in the last year. Brooke delivered her sweet Will last week, Jenny is about 7 weeks away from having baby Ryan Lily, Shealy is 10 weeks away expecting Kathleen "Kate" Elizabeth, and I am 12 weeks away from little miss Nealy. We do miss Brooke dearly, but we are thrilled to keep in close contact with her through email and blogs. And all three of us who are still at DMS showed up, big bellies and all, for the school dance last night. I think you can tell we were having fun throwing our big ole selves around the dance floor.
1 comment:
I do miss last year so much. There was nothing like lunch at your lit circle table!
Post a Comment